Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hello, my name is Kayla.

So now that you know what I am not, it is time to show you who I am.

I am a sinner who has been redeemed by the blood of Christ. I am forgiven for every selfish act, lustful thought, and ungracious word. I am the Lord's, a new creation (II Cor. 5:17). I am fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God and bear Christ's image (Ps. 139:14). I am what God tells me I am, not the lies that the world dares to deceive me with. I am a bondservant of Christ, free from my sin and now a slave to righteousness. I am free from my sin, having been forgiven of every major and minor sin that I have committed in the past, am committing now in the present and will commit in the future. I am free from condemnation (Rom. 8:1). God is always with me and he has promised to never leave me or forsake me (Heb. 13:5). I have strong confidence in the Lord and the Lord is my confidence. I am a beautiful and mature young woman of God who has purified me by the blood of His Son. I am his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for the good works that he has prepared me for (Eph. 2:10). He has begun a good work in me and has promised to bring it to completion (Phil. 1:6). I am therefore, valuable and significant. I am fun, funny, silly and yes, a little weird. I am smart and have valuable opinions and insights to offer others. I am a child of God (John 1:12) and I am precious in his sight (Is. 43:4). God will give men in return for me and peoples in exchange for my life (Is. 43:4). He has loved me with an everlasting love (Jer. 31:3). I am lovable and worthy of pursuit for the Lord has loved me faithfully and pursued me relentlessly. I am who God made me to be and far be it from me to be anyone else.

This year is the beginning of a new season in my life. I'm throwing away the mask and forgetting my fears. This year I'm embracing the person that God created me to be and if anyone doesn't like me it doesn't matter because I wasn't created to please people; I was created to please God. His is the only opinion that matters.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ Jesus he is a new creation. The old has passed away, behold the new has come." ~II Cor. 5:17

"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." ~Ps. 139:14

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." ~Rom. 8:1

"for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." ~Heb. 13:5

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." ~Eph. 2:10

"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." ~Phil. 1:6

"But to those who did receive him, who believed in his name he gave the right to be called children of God." ~John 1:12

"Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you, I give men in return for you, peoples in exchange for you life." ~Is. 43:4

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you." ~Jer. 31:3

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Kayla! This is wonderful... your fire for God is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete